libpurple still active?

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Mon Sep 28 10:02:35 EDT 2020

You probably mean this page https://jgeboski.github.io/#package-repositories

> So the instructions are all for jgeboski and the build version stops
> at 19.10 (which I think you could still use on 20.04) and the public key
> is for jgeboski. The note says - Dec 2019 - redownload the key if
> expired - but after 45 min of waiting at the terminal - nothing installs.
>
> I do not see how to install this protocol now for pidgin

Well, that sounds like a problem one should report to the repository maintainer,
to dequis in this case.

Either way, this has nothing to do with the status of libpurple library. While
set of people developing the plugin may overlap with ones developing libpurple
(I do not know if it's the case), these are completely separate projects.

I should also mention though that what you say does not indicate status of the
FB plugin either. I assume you still can get plugin sources from the github and
build the project, the problem is just with the packages repo for Ubuntu.