libpurple still active?

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 09:44:31 EDT 2020

Sent them here
https://pidgin.im/plugins/?publisher=all&query=&type=
clicked on Facebook

That sends them here
https://github.com/dequis/purple-facebook/wiki

Click on the *nix instructions
https://github.com/dequis/purple-facebook/wiki/Installing-on-*NIX

which says jgeboski is no longer maintaining and dequis
is taking over.

So the instructions are all for jgeboski and the build version stops
at 19.10 (which I think you could still use on 20.04) and the public key
is for jgeboski. The note says - Dec 2019 - redownload the key if
expired - but after 45 min of waiting at the terminal - nothing installs.

I do not see how to install this protocol now for pidgin

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606