Pidgin for BBOS

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Mon Dec 12 15:45:39 EST 2022

On Mon, 2022-12-12 at 16:58 -0300, El Donaman2017 wrote:
> hello :D
> I would like to know if there is any version of Pidgin available for
> Blackberry OS 6 because a few days ago I was with some friends and they
> showed me a version of Pidgin running on Windows 2000 and

>From a little googling, it seems there isn't for technical reasons. [1][2] That
said, I think it should be possible to compile libpurple into Java bytecode
(again, from some search there seems to be some compilers C → java bytecode),
and then create a native BBOS client to libpurple (because Pidgin per se is GTK
based, and this one you sure not gonna run on BBOS). Not sure anybody have done
that though.

1: https://lists.pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2018-July/030316.html
2: https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4769