Email Lists

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Oct 6 12:39:04 EDT 2022

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 12:31:40 -0400
pidgin at alexoren.com wrote:

> > I'm also against any type of forum and prefer stay with the list.
>
> I understand your reluctance to use a web interface, but Discourse
> can be configured to behave exactly like a mailing list for the
> people that prefer that mode of communication.

Exactly like? So it's a mailing list manager...

> If you can continue using it that way, communicating via email
> without having to deal with a web interface, would it bother you that
> other people can have different options?

I use the email interface to groups.io (I'd prefer not to have to, but
it is what it is) and I find that email to the groups.io group usually
have broken references headers and the threading is broken because of
this. I also see lots of replies to list and to me as well and it
drives me crazy.

I don't think I have any experience of Discourse.

Mailing lists have worked for me for way over 35 years so I am
resistant to change.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde