Install gettext in Windows PC

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Mon Aug 6 03:54:37 EDT 2007

On 01/08/2007, at 4:07 PM, Paladin R. Liu wrote:

> May ask you why do you want to install the gettext?? For me, I'm
> using POEdit and Cygwin as my tool and environment for translating
> Pidgin.
>

> Paladin
>
> On 8/1/07, Nguyen Nguyen <xxxnnn at gmail.com> wrote: Hi,
> I am Nguyen and I am working with Vietnamese translation for Pidgin.
> I am using Windows XP OS now and do not know how to install gettext
> in my computer.
> I would appreciate if you could help me.
> Thanks a lot,
> Regards,
> Xnguyen

Does POEdit integrate the gettext "msgfmt -cv" check? If so, Nguyên
could do his checks from inside the program. But if not, he still
needs to be able to check his translation for errors.

I use LocFactoryEditor, which integrates the gettext functions, but
it's only available for Mac OSX. However, I also use gettext itself,
since it's a very useful package for translators. For example, I can
use it with find to update files, or check for errors, across a whole
tree of files. Creating a compendium from files at different
directory levels also works better with gettext from the shell.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)