Fwd: Freezing for 2.1.0 tonight
friedel at translate.org.za
Fri Jul 13 10:30:13 EDT 2007
Op Vrydag 13-07-2007 om 08:15 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Luke
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 09:51:20AM +0200, F Wolff wrote:
> > Op Donderdag 12-07-2007 om 11:21 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Luke
> > Schierer:
> > > I am not sure why Sean didn't cc this list when he sent this
> > > announcement. That being said, from his post at
> > > http://www.pidgin.im/~seanegan/blog/ui-changes.html it appears he may
> > > postpone this release again.
> > >
> > > luke
> > Hi
> > I'm not sure I understand. Did we enter a string freeze Sunday, get
> > notified today for release yesterday (or next Thursday)? Sorry, perhaps
> > my English is a bit weak, but I'm struggling to understand :-) Would
> > anybody mind explaining clearly when we have string freeze and when we
> > can start updating translations safely for 2.1.0 and when it has to be
> > in?
> > Thanks
> > Friedel
> There have been several break downs in communication here.
> 1)the original string freeze was not announced two Sunday's ago. This,
> and the fact that fewer issues had been solved than we wanted, lead Sean
> to push the release back by 1 week.
> 2)Sean announced the new string freeze on this last Sunday only to the
> devel list. I did not realize this untill Wednesday. This gave you all
> far too little time to react.
> 3)Sean still has the conversation window in an incomplete state. This
> appears to have pushed the release back once again. No emails were sent
> regarding this.
> I am not sure right now when the release is actually going to happen.
Thanks for the answer, Luke. Please keep us updated if there are any
developments. I will probably only be online again after the weekend and
will only be able to translate next week at the earliest.
I hope we can all make it for the release :-)
More information about the Translators