Fwd: Freezing for 2.1.0 tonight

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Fri Jul 13 08:15:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 09:51:20AM +0200, F Wolff wrote:
> Op Donderdag 12-07-2007 om 11:21 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Luke
> Schierer:
> > I am not sure why Sean didn't cc this list when he sent this
> > announcement.  That being said, from his post at
> > http://www.pidgin.im/~seanegan/blog/ui-changes.html it appears he may
> > postpone this release again.
> >
> > luke
>
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure I understand. Did we enter a string freeze Sunday, get
> notified today for release yesterday (or next Thursday)? Sorry, perhaps
> my English is a bit weak, but I'm struggling to understand :-)  Would
> anybody mind explaining clearly when we have string freeze and when we
> can start updating translations safely for 2.1.0 and when it has to be
> in?
>
> Thanks
> Friedel

There have been several break downs in communication here.

1)the original string freeze was not announced two Sunday's ago.  This,
and the fact that fewer issues had been solved than we wanted, lead Sean
to push the release back by 1 week.

2)Sean announced the new string freeze on this last Sunday only to the
devel list.  I did not realize this untill Wednesday.  This gave you all
far too little time to react.

3)Sean still has the conversation window in an incomplete state.  This
appears to have pushed the release back once again.  No emails were sent
regarding this.

I am not sure right now when the release is actually going to happen.

luke