Translate to Vietnamese (vi)

Ethan Blanton eblanton at cs.ohiou.edu
Sun Jun 10 21:50:14 EDT 2007

Nguyen Nguyen spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I am Xnguyen. My major is English and I would like to help translate Pidgin
> into Vietnamese. What a pity I do not know much about developing software.
> If it is convenient, please give me some document about translating Pidgin
> into local language, or tell me what to do :D .
> Thank you very much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

We would be glad to have your help.  There is a document at:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForTranslators

... which should help you get started.  It looks like we have had an
active Vietnamese translation from the Gnome Vietnamese translators in
the past, you might want to contact them and see why it is currently
rotting, and if helping them would be the best route to get it back in
shape.  (They seem to have a mailing list at
gnomevi-list at lists.sf.net, or did in the past.)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.