Translating 'Finch' and 'Pidgin'

Ambrose LI acli at ada.dhs.org
Fri May 4 22:13:52 EDT 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 04:59:15PM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:

> But we should be careful to add a comment in the code stating that the word
> should not be translated literally, but should only be transliterated.
>
> Translators, am I correct?  It's really your call.

I would not go so far to say that it should "only" be transliterated. Names
can sometimes be translated (maybe not literally), though it might be harder.

(I would keep the English names in Chinese, but if I have to do something
about it I definitely will translate it instead of transliterating it.)

--
cheers,
-ambrose

don't believe everything you read in Wikipedia...