Urdu Translation of Pidgin

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Wed Nov 14 08:11:50 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 02:13:07PM +0530, RKVS Raman wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Sorry for the late response. Urdu gaim was already translated by GIST
> Group CDAC Pune with help of NCPUL ( http://www.urducouncil.nic.in/ )
> and was released as part of National Language Softwares Programme.
>
> I have just upgraded the PO file to latest Pidgin pot and uploaded.
>
> It can be found at following ticket http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3954
>
> Please use it to develop further.
>
> Best Regards
> -Raman

I have commited this translation.  I did not commit the 3 or 4 other
languages you also submitted because we have had previous translators
for them.  I am not prepared to squash the efforts of an existing
volunteer just because you seem to be part of some sort of official
organization, in my experience, organizations are no less likely
to disappear (from our point of view) than indivdiuals.

I have a high respect for the amount of work that goes into translating,
and always require at very least a best effort at contacting a previous
translator before accepting a translation from someone new.  Some of our
translations are maintained by groups or pairs of translators, the
existing translator might appreciate the help, or might feel that it is
best to let you take it over.

Alternately, I've also been caught in the middle of disputes about what
is the correct translation of something.  In such cases my preference is
to default with the existing volunteer.

luke