Lastlog and backlog

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Sep 27 04:39:03 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 09:29 +0200, Samuel Murray wrote:
> Any idea what a lastlog and a backlog is?  I assume this is some kind of
> log file.  Am I right?
>
> #: ../finch/plugins/lastlog.c:99
> msgid "lastlog: Searches for a substring in the backlog."

If you look at this in the source, it's obvious that lastlog is a slash
command, so you'll need to leave "lastlog" literal. *

The "backlog" is the text in the conversation window.

Richard

* This brings up an interesting issue. Should the command strings be
marked for translation so people in LANG=es can do /unirse instead
of /join? I take it that since this has never come up before, it's
probably best to leave the commands as-is?