Pidgin 2.5.9, 2.6.0, 2.6.1

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Aug 19 04:47:20 EDT 2009

Today was a busy day in Land O' Pidgin.  We released some new versions
of Pidgin/Finch/libpurple:

2.5.9: This is 2.5.8 with some important security fixes.

2.6.0: This is months of awesome work from lots of people.
Developers, crazy patch writers, summer of code students, the pope, a
Romulan, and an anonymous fictional character from a Charles Dickens
novel.

2.6.1: This is 2.6.0 with an important security fix and some fixed
compilation problems.  Please use this and never 2.6.0!

See http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ChangeLog for details.  Also, as
of 2.6.0 we now require glib and gtk+ 2.4.0 or newer.  tarballs for
all releases are online and it's likely that an amazing human being
will build a Windows package for 2.6.1 within the next 48 hours.

-Mark