Website translation

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Mar 18 02:58:25 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:31 PM, F Wolff <friedel at translate.org.za> wrote:
> Op Ma, 2009-02-23 om 20:10 +0200 skryf F Wolff:
>> Hallo
>>
>> Is there any way we can start looking at translating the website of
>> pidgin.im? It is a nice and clean website, and it would be nice to have
>> the basic few pages on pidgin.im (probably not developer. and planet.).
>>
>> I'll be happy to translate the first few pages users will visit into
>> Afrikaans.
>>
>> Keep well
>> Friedel
>
> Is anybody on the list familiar with how the website is created or
> stored? Does it need work to make it translatable? I think having a
> localised front page will be a nice improvement for users visiting that
> don't speak English.
>
> If somebody can point me to the sources, I'd like to have a look.

Sure.  The website is stored in our Monotone repository alongside the
source code for libpurple/Pidgin/Finch.  There is information about
using Monotone at http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/UsingPidginMonotone
The website is in the branch im.pidgin.www

You would probably want to set up a local web server on a computer
that you have access to and use that for testing any changes that you
make.

-Mark