Nonspecific string "You have pounced!" ?

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Thu Oct 8 07:37:45 EDT 2009

A cat pounces on a mouse.  One person pounces on another when [s]he
comes upon the other suddenly and unexpectedly.  In this context, you
have set up what we call a "buddy pounce", which is an action
(determined by the settings in the buddy pounce dialog) that is
triggered by an event (usually when a buddy signs on or returns from
being away).  Apparently buddy pounces that result in dialogs now show
up in a unified dialog.  Even though I don't recall that change, this
seems immediately evident from the text in your screen shot.  However,
I have seen questions about the term "buddy pounce" before, typically
from non-americans, so perhaps people in other countries don't pounce
on their friends?

Luke