Pidgin 2.7.2 released!

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfs at debian.org
Mon Jul 26 12:00:02 EDT 2010

On 26 July 2010 17:23, David Balažic <david.balazic at comtrade.com> wrote:
> Also having to set env variables to make a selection is...
> C'mon, it is 2010!

Pidgin in Windows currently relies on a registry key which is:

a) set by the installer
b) difficult to change (you need to knwo the NSIS codes and language associated)

As far a I know there's no need to use environment variables. That is
not what I was suggesting. Windows provides information of user's
chosen locale and selected language in his environment. Currently, as
far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, this is:

a) not used by the installer to automatically select and install the
proper localization
b) not used by Pidgin in Windows to select one of the available
localizations at %ProgramFiles%\Pidgin\locale\

It is, however, used by the installer to automatically select the
language shown through the installation process. So I guess a) could
be easily fixed, isn't it so?

Time to report these as a bug in trac, or have they been reported already?

Regards

Javier