Transifex

Mișu Moldovan dumol at gnome.org
Wed Jan 26 19:47:57 EST 2011

Jochen Kemnade <jochenkemnade at web.de> a scris:

> Am 26.01.2011 05:16, schrieb Richard Laager:
> > They have a web interface where you can translate directly, or
> > download/upload .po files using your browser. They also have a
> > simple command line client for downloading/uploading .po files that
> > would not require a full Pidgin checkout.
>
> Well, I prefer to be able to compile Pidgin and see the changes within
> the application or to grep the source code for a string whose meaning
> isn't entirely clear to me, so I'm going to have a mtn checkout
> anyway. So, if Björn doesn't object, I guess we (i.e. the German
> translators) will continue to translate within the repo.

I don't see how Transifex would get in the way if we intend to keep
compiling Pidgin from the repo and see the changes before pushing them
upstream (a very important phase of translating, IMO). I'm talking, of
course, about the anon repo... It's another thing if you have committing
rights and you are able to commit the PO file by yourself.

But I'm all for getting away with the hassle of opening up a bug report
in Trac every time we need to update our PO file. And that's what
Transifex is made for... The result is that translators are able to
commit their PO file by themselves through a web interface.

--
mișu