Pidgin is string frozen!

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Mar 14 11:00:20 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 01:30 -0800, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Besnik Bleta <besnik at programeshqip.org> wrote:
> > Is commiting translations through Transifex ready? Or should we go once more
> > through filing tickets?
>
> Not ready as far as I know.  I see that Richard has created a project
> at http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/pidgin/

I did. There seemed to be some interest, but we haven't "made it
official" AFAIK. I haven't granted anyone access to it yet because I
didn't want them to mistakenly start submitting translations there.

If we start using it, if you install their client (written in Python),
it's one command ("tx pull") to fetch the translations.

As I mentioned before, we will need translators to opt-in to Transifex
on a language-by-language basis.

I don't think the string freeze is the time to do it. Should I open up
Transifex to interested translators after 2.8.0?

Richard