Pidgin is string and API frozen!

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sun May 1 23:54:18 EDT 2011

Hi all,

The im.pidgin.pidgin branch in monotone is now string frozen for the upcoming
release of Pidgin 2.8.0.  No new strings or string changes will be allowed.  New
API is allowed only if it is necessary to fix a bug.

I have forcibly removed the QQ protocol plugin, thus there are a LOT of strings
that have been removed.  Many of you will be pleased, as many of these strings
were of poor quality  Please consider removing unneeded strings from your
translations!

I intend to release Pidgin 2.8.0 on 2011-05-08, so I'm asking that all
translations be submitted before 23:59:59 US EDT on 2011-05-07 (that leaves
approximately 6 days for translations!)  Any translations submitted after this
deadline will be ignored.

As a note for developers:  Someone who is *NOT* me needs to review ChangeLog.API
and make sure all new API is listed there.  Ideally, also make sure that all new
API is documented properly with the doxygen junk.

John