Pidgin is string and API frozen!

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Wed May 4 04:38:54 EDT 2011

Hi all!

I have a question regarding the new microphone test dialog. A screenshot
in English is attached.

What does the word "DROP" mean here? Why is it uppercase?

I am also not sure with the option "Use silence suppression" (for
instance in the Facebook XMPP account options). Probably "silence
suppression" means, that no sound is transfered over the network, if the
noise intensity is under a given threshold. The silence threshold can be
configured in the microphone test dialog. I am right here?

Greetings,
Björn