Translation for Georgian (ka) language

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Aug 20 16:52:10 EDT 2012

George Machitidze spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I want to continue contribution for Georgian translation, I've made a
> request via Transifex and got response that there is already a maintainer
> for this language and I need to write a message to this mailing list.
> I've translated a part when it was called "gaim", I wish to continue and
> finish it.
> Actually it doesn't really matter for me which status will I have,
> maintainer or translator - result matters.

It looks like the Pidgin Georgian translation is officially maintained
by the Ubuntu Georgian Translation Team[1], but that there have been
no updates in years.  I suggest you try to contact them, and if you do
not receive a timely response or they indicate a willingness to give
up maintenance, we will install you as translator.  If they do not
wish to give up maintenance, perhaps you can join them.

One way or another, we'll get you involved with updating that
translation, because it's pretty stale!

Ethan

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ka