Development branch vs. 2.x.y branch

Paulo Ribeiro paulo at diffraction.pt
Tue Aug 28 14:22:45 EDT 2012

On 12.Aug.28 18:59, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> Piotr Drąg spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> 2012/8/28 Paulo Ribeiro <paulo at diffraction.pt>:
>>> We began translating the development branch, because that file was already
>>> about 50% translated and I also discovered that for many languages that is
>>> the only translated file.
>>
>> This is because developers haven't pushed existing translations to
>> 2.x.y branch yet.
>
> This won't affect Portuguese, it hasn't been updated in years.

This is true, but even so, shouldn't the pidgin.pot for the 2.x.y branch
on Transifex include the current translated strings? On Transifex, that
file for the Portuguese translation has no translated strings
whatsoever. :) I can however download the .pot file from the link below,
which is about 51% translated:

http://developer.pidgin.im/l10n/2.x.y/

In any case, thanks to the explanations of Ethan and Daniel we can now
choose the best way to proceed. Thank you!

--
Paulo Ribeiro