Pidgin Windows Installer Translations

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Mar 24 15:31:59 EDT 2017

On 03/24/2017 02:28 PM, тѕк❕ (мвχ/3.2 ℓση∂ση) wrote:
> I think there's no documentation on this (right?) which is a pity. I
> spent hours, days and weeks translating and now I understand I've wasted
> a bunch of hours by doing it.

The installer doesn't show up in es_AR, but it does show up in es, so
Spanish speaking users can still use the installer. The installer can
install the es_AR translation, and the es_AR translation works (albeit
with an extra step). Also, es_AR works fine on Linux with no special steps.

If NSIS support for es_AR is important to you, you should contact the
NSIS project and offer to translate NSIS to es_AR. It may not be that
hard for them to add es_AR support if you do the translating. And there
can't be that many strings in the installer. It's a pretty simple piece
of software.

--
Richard