[Pidgin] FutureSOCProjects modified
trac at pidgin.im
Wed Aug 8 15:17:41 EDT 2012
Changed page "FutureSOCProjects" by Robby from 22.214.171.124*
Page URL: <http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects>
Diff URL: <http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects?action=diff&version=78>
Comment: Link 2012 projects, remove Mercurial migration which has happened (yay!)
--- FutureSOCProjects (version: 77)
+++ FutureSOCProjects (version: 78)
@@ -5,7 +5,9 @@
If you need clarification on anything listed below, or want to run a new idea by us to see if we think it would make a good project, or if you have any other questions please feel free to ask on our [http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devel devel mailing list].
== Information About Projects By Year ==
-[wiki:SummerOfCode2010 Information about some Summer of Code 2010 projects]
+[wiki:SummerOfCode2012 Information about some Summer of Code 2012 projects]
+[[BR]][wiki:SummerOfCode2011 Summer of Code 2011 (no participation)]
+[[BR]][wiki:SummerOfCode2010 Information about some Summer of Code 2010 projects]
[[BR]][wiki:SummerOfCode2009 Information about some Summer of Code 2009 projects]
[[BR]][wiki:SummerOfCode2008 Information about some Summer of Code 2008 projects]
[[BR]][wiki:SummerOfCode2007 Information about some Summer of Code 2007 projects]
@@ -57,13 +59,6 @@
* Information must be easily viewable (so this project includes the client-side changes as well as possibly a server... but definitely investigate whether an existing solution could be used before creating a new one). It's not clear whether it would be public or private.
* Could also include automated crash reporting.
-== Migrate our code from Monotone to Mercurial ==
-(Note: There is some concern that this project does not include enough coding to qualify for Summer of Code.) We'd like to switch using the Mercurial version control system, because it has wider adoption and would be a lower barrier to entry for casual developers. There are a few requirements for this project to be successful:
- * Complete history
- * All tags and branches
- * Configuration/installation of Mercurial on our boxes
- * Updated wiki information on how to access our Mercurial server, maybe a link to more Mercurial info. Info on how to migrate from Monotone to Mercurial (even if it's just "mtn diff | patch"
== Emoticon cache ==
(Note: There is some concern that this project is not large enough to justify an entire project.)
Currently Pidgin does nothing with received emoticons. It could save a lot of bandwidth if a cache of received emoticons existed. It could also be merged with local custom smileys so we have a unified way to manage these files. The cache can be done per session, per conversation, per account, or as a global permanent cache (just as buddy icons). The preferred method is a permanent cache so emoticons could be fetched only once.
@@ -112,7 +107,6 @@
== Webkit Message Views ==
Webkit is a popular HTML rendering engine used in a number of browsers. Adium uses it for their message windows as well. Your task for this project is to rip out !GtkImHtml and replace it with Webkit. This includes the input areas as well.
== Web site translations ==
* Produce a translation system for Pidgin's web site (at least the main static content)
* The IP shown here might not mean anything if the user or the server is
behind a proxy.
This is an automated message. Someone at http://pidgin.im added your email
address to be notified of changes on FutureSOCProjects. If it was not you, please
report to .
More information about the Wikiedit