[Cabal] FAQ and support.pidgin.im

Luke Schierer lschiere at users.sf.net
Mon Oct 30 22:00:38 EST 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:29:22PM -0500, Luke Schierer wrote:
> I have started using faqomatic at
> http://support.pidgin.im/cgi-bin/pidginfaq.pl?
>
> Ideally this would show up as http://support.pidgin.im/faq, but I am
> unsure how to do that.
>
> It is not perfect, it does not have a secure way of authenitcating
> yourself with it, and I do not see its user management, though I do see
> that it does have a concept of permissions for different types of users.
>
> Given it is not perfect, I am open to other suggestions.  It does
> however fill many of my basic desires, items can be categorized and
> moved easily, and they can be atomically edited.  They can also be
> removed relatively easily, and you can add to the faq without
> manipulating a large text file.
>
> Naturally it needs work to make it Look nice.  Sean goesso far as to
> place it in his top 3 or 4 worst looking sites ever.
>
> Let me know what you all think.  Is there something better I should be
> looking at?  Does the lack of good auth prove to be an unacceptable
> flaw?
>
> luke

I've put a handful of questions up in both the faqomatic faq and a few
less in the trac wiki.  The latter lacks any sort of backward
navigation, the reason being that I'd have to create such navigation by
hand (and edit it if I move a question).  If we decide to go with the
wiki version, I'll (eventually, if someone does not beat me to it), go
back trough and finish.

luke