[Cabal] Commit mailing list for pidgin mtn

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Feb 2 14:11:04 EST 2007

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:34:10 -0500, Ethan Blanton wrote
> Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > I like having all mail go to my inbox, and then I click the "Move"
> > button to file each email into a folder.  My mailreader uses the
> > subject line to try to pick the correct default folder to move to.  So
> > no, I guess my mailreader is not capable of reading mail in any more
> > useful fashion.
>
> And it cannot switch off the sender or recipient?  (Ideally, any
> arbitrary header; in this case, X-Been-There: is a good candidate.)
> I find that surprising, as this is a usual practice.  Out of
> curiosity, what mailer do you use which is so challenged?

It can switch off the sender, recipient and/or any arbitrary header, but only
for the case where you immediately file all incoming mail into a folder.  I
like all my mail to go to my inbox, and then I file it away somewhere after
reading it.  And I just like the convenience of having the mailreader guess
which folder I'm going to move it to based on the subject line.

It's OpenWebmail: http://openwebmail.org/

-Mark