[Cabal] Logos. Second draft

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:37:58 EST 2007

Alright, just got off the phone with Denis.

I opened with the line that it looks like it was made by a professional logo
designer. I think I got across well that it's a great logo, but too
serious-looking and corporate-y. He started repeating some of the same
phrases you guys used in this thread, so I think he's on the same page as
us.

He said he would "do a study of the Goodfeathers again." Which I thought was
a funny phrase. I'm picturing a Sotheby's auction of "Pablo Picasso's
studies of Animaniacs, 1918" or something.

I also told him people still didn't feel it looked Pigeoney enough, and that
I think it's the wings' fault. Some people have thought it looks like a tail
(which caused one friend to say it looked too much like the Firefox logo). I
reiterated that pigeons are more commonly associated with walking around and
eating garbage than they are with flying.

He'll work on it this week and come back later (he'll post a deadline today)
with something more "cartoony," lighter, less serious, and more fun. If we
like this third review, he'll finish the project, we'll pay our balance, and
he'll transfer the rights to us. If we don't think we're close, we cancel
the project and save our $300.