[Cabal] statusbox icons

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Jan 29 23:24:01 EST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:13:18 -0800, Sean Egan wrote
> On 1/29/07, Steven Garrity <stevelist at silverorange.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sean Egan wrote:
> > > The old statusbox made emblems on top of icons for saved and transient
> > > statuses. Is that important? If so, I'll put a "saved" and "transient"
> > > icon over to the right side. This will kill some of the room that's
> > > currently used to show a snippet.
> >
> > Even if the information is useful, an emblem on such a small icon isn't
> > communicating much (if anything).
> >

> Right. It used to be an emblem, I'm suggesting making it a separate icon
> along the right-hand side of the menu. But, because that takes room away
> from the text, I only want to do it if that information is really important.
> And since everyone here knows I don't even use IM, I'm soliciting thoughts;
> )

Putting a separate icon off to the right side seems like it would look very
cluttered.  I think my personal preference is:

1. Overlay the 'saved' icon in the bottom left corner of the icon on the left,
the way it is currently.
2. Don't show the 'saved' icon anywhere.
3. Show the 'saved' icon on the far right side.

-Mark