Direct IM requests and the Request API

Evan Schoenberg evands at pidgin.im
Tue Apr 24 11:24:33 EDT 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Luke Schierer wrote:

> If the UI Op needs to be modified, then now would be an acceptable
> time,
> we made no promises about ABI or API with the beta series.  Still, I
> would like to be moving towards release here, not mucking about
> with the
> code and introducing unnecessary experimental changes.
The change in question will add 3 parameters to the request API's
callbacks, but no shipping code in Pidgin or Finch will be changed to
do anything besides ignore this additional information for now.

> If this change can be made cleanly, with all of our relevent code
> updated as part of the commit, including any plugins we distribute,
> then
> I have no problem.  Otherwise, it should probably wait till 3.0.0

I'd definitely update all code along with the API change.  Here's
what I propose for request.[h|c].  Please let me know if this looks
okay and I'll proceed with updating the calls elsewhere to match.

-Evan