An important, controversial issue!

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:12:37 EDT 2007

On 4/24/07, Steven Garrity <stevelist at silverorange.com> wrote:
> A hard-core usability geek might argue that the icons should have
> distinct shapes (Gossip does this well, with a circle, triangle, and
> square), but the mostly circular icons seems to work pretty well here
> and are easily scan-able, even if you eliminate color.

Even though their silhouettes aren't all distinct, they are all
distincts shapes, internally, with strong contrasts, so I'd imagine
even people with various vision problems should be able to tell the
difference. We've been deadset against ichat-like "random colored
orbs" from the get-go.

There's no doubt, these are really great icons.