Reducing tab size

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:52:51 EDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
> That we're ignoring the wasted space in the menu bar*, the
> wasted space in the infopane, and the wasted space in the imhtmltoolbar*.

I thought I was actually *addressing* that "wasted space." The space
is really only 'wasted' if your window is wide enough that it's not
being used. While 2.1.0 made it possible to access the toolbar at
narrower window sizes, the tab bar still requires a fair amount of
horizontal space if you want to have any more than two tabs.

If you never talk to more than four people at a time, as you claim,
these tab changes will allow you to use your conversation window (even
with close buttons and status indicators) at such a width that none of
this space will be wasted.

-s.