Merging XMPP SoC branch

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Jul 10 10:19:35 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 12:42 +0200, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2007, at 01:28, Sean Egan wrote:
>
> > Is there objection to merging his code in early and letting him
> > continue to work in HEAD?

See below, plus the fact that Andreas is duplicating code that's in
trunk because he's not aware of propagate (or I'm seriously mistaken).

> Note that I probably won't get any feedback from anybody as long as
> this is hidden away in a branch.

I was under the impression that SoC projects had mentors.

(In case anyone is missing the sarcasm, I'm an SoC mentor.)

Then again, I was also under the impression that SoC projects couldn't
depend on each other to avoid situations like this.

I don't see why we have to take any action on this anyway... have Adium
track the branch until it's merge-ready. If it's merge ready now, then
why wasn't it merged rather than having a discussion about merging it
"early"?

Richard