Recoded Website!

Kevin M Stange kevin at simguy.net
Wed Jul 18 13:34:19 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 04:11:57AM -0500, Kevin M Stange wrote:
>>> I have gotten through all the existing web site pages and recoded
>>> everything without the CMS and pushed it into the branch "im.pidgin.www"
>> awesome.
>
> CCing Joe, whom I'm not sure is on this list or not. Last I heard he
> was also re-doing the site to work with Wordpress. The main thread
> about this started at
> http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2007-July/001785.html
>
> Kevin, will you be able to implement authorize.net's credit card
> authentication protocol? We wound up with a sort of circular problem
> where it wasn't feasible to forward with ezpublish because we can't
> get it to run at the volume we need it to on homing.pidgin.im, and we
> don't want to invest in another server until we have an idea of how
> much income we'll be taking in on donations, and we can't turn
> donations on, because we can't turn on ezpublish.

I don't see why not.  We work with Authorize.net at work, so I should be
able to talk to some people that integrate some of our software with it
and/or already know how to do it, as well as get ahold of any relevant
documentation.

I mainly started working on this because I got limited "go" feedback and
no "don't go" feedback, so I just want to see if I should continue in
this direction or if you would rather go for the Wordpress-ization
method.  I really, really don't like CMS systems, so I still vote for my
way, and so far this site I coded is smaller and more efficient than
what the current CMS created and it should be trivial to add sections or
make changes, plus we can keep track of changes via MTN.

Kevin