Maillist config

oliver oliver at are-b.org
Fri Jul 20 07:20:12 EDT 2007

The thing is, I totally get your point and agree. The fact of the matter
is however, that people are lazy. And i tweak/tinker with a lot of
stuff, but some thing should _just_ work.
So ok, maybe thunderbird is a crappy reader and all, but the flaw in
your example is, why would you drive slow on a road, just cause
everybody else driving slowly? Well first of all, there's a speed limit.
So that each car pretty much chuggs along the same speed. And then, not
everybody wants/needs/is a car mechanic with a sleek sportscar, feat.
600 Horses.

Oliver

Ethan Blanton schreef:
> Oliver Schinagl spake unto us the following wisdom:
>
>> Ethan Blanton schreef:
>>
>>> For reliability, you should be using List-Id or X-Been-There.  This is
>>> in fact quite superior to using any of To, Cc, From, or subject
>>> munging, as it captures Bccs and threads which are taken off-list,
>>> both.  As far as display, my mailer marks the mailing list just fine
>>> -- please don't ask for other people to adopt broken behavior to make
>>> up for the inadequacies of your software.
>>>
>> what is your mailer? cause Thunderbird doesn't.
>>

> Mutt.  It does.  I have, in my .muttrc:

yah, but sometimes it's not to feel part of the 21st centuary and be all
GUIfied :p