The Pidgin Certificate Manager

William Ehlhardt williamehlhardt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:07:23 EDT 2007

I'm William Ehlhardt, Orborde on IRC, and I was brought on through
Summer of Code to add a usable certificate manager to Pidgin. For the
moment, my work is limited to SSL X.509 certificates, but the aim is
to make it extensible enough to be useful for similar certificate
schemes, such as SILC keys.

Progress on my work and the design documentation is here:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/CertMgr

Since the work includes the addition of a generic certificate handling
API to libpurple, I am making it visible here on the mailing list for
the general edification of all.

-William