Announcing MySpaceIM Protocol Plugin (v0.8 alpha) for Pidgin

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jun 28 02:13:02 EDT 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:13:49 -0400, Eric Polino wrote
> > What would I need to do to get this code merged into im.pidgin.pidgin?
>
> Granted my voice is not the end all to things here, but I believe
> that our SoC work will be propagated into HEAD when the devels deem our
> work stable and good enough to be released.

That's pretty accurate.  And for a new prpl, it would be pretty easy to merge
your libpurple/protocols/whatever/ directory to trunk and just have it not
compiled by default until it's deemed "stable."

> > If or when msimprpl is not in im.pidgin.pidgin, where would be the
> > best place to upload alpha msimprpl releases?

Either your personal webspace somewhere or possible through the sourceforge
file release system.  But not on pidgin.im or developer.pidgin.im.

-Mark