Compiling as stand alone dll

Stephen Eilert spedrosa at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:37:09 EDT 2007

On 5/14/07, M Khalid <heyaibo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am developing on .NET.  I want to build the soource as dll on window
> and linux so, i can use it as COM component in other application.

If you are using .NET's Interop (System.Runtime.InteropServices), you
don't even need it to be a COM object. Remember, you can easily call
functions exported in DLLs.

libpurple.dll is already available in Pidgin's win32 build, so you
don't need to compile it. Just call the DLL directly (using Interop).
If you wish, you can create a .NET wrapper to present a somewhat more
.NET-friendly interface, but this is not strictly necessary.

Under linux, I am not sure. But since there's no .NET from Microsoft
for any platforms other than win32, you have to use Mono. I believe
Mono's Interop is able to load shared-object (.so) libraries. Again,
it would be just a matter of calling the .so directly.

--Stephen

programmer, n:
        A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with
inanimate monsters.