plugin conflicts

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon May 21 11:47:58 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 01:42:15AM -0400, Neal Ylitalo wrote:
> Unless the psychic plugin breaks Bot Sentry even when it's
> disabled (very unlikely, although I haven't checked to see for
> myself), I fail to see the logic in killing psychic when the user could
> very well just disable it.
>
> Or am I mis-interpreting the use of the word "kill", and you gentlemen
> just mean that the user should disable it?
>
> Neal

I have a personal, well-known dislike of the psychic plugin, and would
love nothing more than to see it die. I believe that the psychic plugin
adds nothing of any real value and merely advocates and encourages
juvenile behaviour (juvenile not in the pejorative sense but in the age
sense).

I always advocate disabling the plugin when it conflicts with anything
else, which includes when it conflicted with the 'hide new messages'
setting in pidgin, I am unsure if that is worked around at this point or
not.

	-Etan