im.pidgin.pidgin: 59ab2b78429c94d5d0fc77b1b7892accb524e2a4

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 00:23:07 EDT 2007

* Evan Schoenberg had this to say on [15 Oct 2007, 23:18:42 -0400]:

[snip]
> Could we please make a policy of mentioning on devel at pidgin.im branches
> like that?  I didn't know .next.minor existed, and if I had randomly done a
> mtn ls its name wouldn't have told me anything about its purpose
> (next.minor relative to what, exactly? perhaps  it was there before and I
> never noticed it?).

The original change happened in im.pidgin.sadrul.currentmedia, and was
announced immediately after it happened:
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2007-September/003398.html

The introduction of a .next.minor branch was discussed over several days
in devel at c.p.i, where most of the active developers happen to hang
around. The point was to commit code that requires a minor version bump
in this branch, either because it isn't quite ready to be included in a
release, or because we don't want to bump the minor yet (perhaps because
we want a bug-fix only release). rlaager has diligently kept the
ChangeLog and ChangeLog.API files updated in the branch. I have just
updated them to include the missing entries about current-media changes.

>>> #define PURPLE_TUNE_YEAR	"tune_year"
>>> -#define PURPLE_TUNE_URL	"tune_url"
>>> +#define PURPLE_TUNE_URL		"tune_url"
>>> +#define PURPLE_TUNE_FULL	"tune_full"
>>>
>>1
>> I believe this bumps the minor? If that's the case, we can just merge
>> .next.minor right now.
>
> Perhaps I'm confused, but why does this bump the minor?  im.pidgin.pidgin
> is already 2.3.0dev, isn't it?

 From what I can see, it is currently 2.2.2.

> Cheers,
> Evan