Data Structure to modify

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Oct 16 11:30:53 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 14:15 -0700, M Ellerhorst wrote:
> I'm a student and I have to pick a project to test different data structures
> in an open source project and present our findings to my "Data Structures"
> class.  I picked Pidgin because it is an awesome project and I have used it
> for a little while now, but digging into the code has left me a bit
> overwhelmed.  As developers, I was wondering if you knew of a more isolated
> data structure that I could change and observe a tangible difference in
> operation without having to change a substantial amount of code?  Thanks for
> your help.

A couple notes:
1) You probably want devel at pidgin.im.
2) You probably don't want to use the Nabble interface to send messages.

What sort of changes are you looking to make? Are you looking at
changing something from a linked list to a hash table and see what
happens? Is your goal to actually improve something, or just play?

Richard