porting finch to uClinux on blackfin

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 14:08:23 EDT 2007

Is enabling plugins an absolute must for SSL support?  How do I get
ssl-gnutls.so? I've read:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FAQssl

I used new versions of the libs then you mention here, but all seemed
to go well during build but not at runtime and I do not seem to have
ssl-gnutls.so to run some of the checks you recommend.

Although I have apparently succeeded at cross-compiling libgpg-error,
libgcrypt, libtasn1 and GNUtls and the configure script finds the SSL
library; My first attempts to use MSN fail because it claims it cannot
find SSL support. Here is the results from the configure:
pidgin 2.2.1

Build GTK+ 2.x UI............. : no
Build console UI.............. : yes
Build for X11................. : no

Enable Gestures............... : yes
Protocols to build dynamically :
Protocols to link statically.. : gg myspace oscar irc msn novell qq simple yahoo zephyr

Build with GStreamer support.. : no
Build with D-Bus support...... : no
Build with NetworkManager..... : no
SSL Library/Libraries......... : GnuTLS
Build with Cyrus SASL support. : no
Use kerberos 4 with zephyr.... : no
Use external libzephyr........ : no
Has you....................... : yes

Use XScreenSaver Extension.... : no
Use X Session Management...... : no
Use startup notification...... : no
Build with GtkSpell support... : no

Build with plugin support..... : no
Build with Mono support....... : no
Build with Perl support....... : no
Build with Tcl support........ : no
Build with Tk support......... : no

Print debugging messages...... : no
Here are the contents of the embedded board's usr/lib area:
vocal at Grumpy:~/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/romfs/usr/lib$ ls
bin                  libglib-2.0.so              libgnt.so.0.0.0            libgobject-2.0.so.0.1304.0  libiconv.so.2.4.0   libtasn1.so.3
glib-2.0             libglib-2.0.so.0            libgnutls-extra.so         libgpg-error.so             libintl.so          libtasn1.so.3.0.10
gnt                  libglib-2.0.so.0.1304.0     libgnutls-extra.so.13      libgpg-error.so.0           libintl.so.8        libxml2.so
libcharset.so        libgmodule-2.0.so           libgnutls-extra.so.13.8.3  libgpg-error.so.0.1.0       libintl.so.8.0.1    libxml2.so.2
libcharset.so.1      libgmodule-2.0.so.0         libgnutls.so               libgthread-2.0.so           libpurple.la        libxml2.so.2.6.29
libcharset.so.1.0.0  libgmodule-2.0.so.0.1304.0  libgnutls.so.13            libgthread-2.0.so.0         libpurple.so        pkgconfig
libgcrypt.so         libgnt.la                   libgnutls.so.13.8.3        libgthread-2.0.so.0.1304.0  libpurple.so.0      preloadable_libiconv.so
libgcrypt.so.11      libgnt.so                   libgobject-2.0.so          libiconv.so                 libpurple.so.0.2.1  purple-2
libgcrypt.so.11.2.3  libgnt.so.0                 libgobject-2.0.so.0        libiconv.so.2               libtasn1.so
Here is the usr/bin area: (I guess I could remove all the *-config files)
asn1Coding    certtool  gettext          glib-gettextize  gnutls-cli-debug  gpg-error-config  libgnutls-config        ngettext  xml2-config
asn1Decoding  envsubst  gettext.sh       glib-mkenums     gnutls-serv       iconv             libgnutls-extra-config  psktool   xmlcatalog
asn1Parser    finch     glib-genmarshal  gnutls-cli       gobject-query     libgcrypt-config  libtasn1-config         srptool   xmllint
With the execption of "enable-gnutls" all of my config arguments are
the same as they were:
--enable-shared  --disable-dbus --disable-gtkui --disable-sm
 --disable-doxygen --disable-screensaver --without-x  --disable-pcre
--disable-gstreamer --disable-gtkspell --disable-gevolution
--disable-fortify --disable-tcl --disable-plugins
--with-static-prpls=gg,myspace,oscar,irc,msn,novell,qq,simple,yahoo,
zephyr --enable-nss=no --enable-gnutls
http://mail.yahoo.com