Open Buddy list via single clicking the tray icon?

Andrew Roeder correnthean at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:38:11 EDT 2007

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Oct 23 00:34:54 EDT 2007 sent:
> I'm sorry, did I miss the attached patch?

> Ethan

I still think we need a better community outlet.  Questions like this
one and tons of others could/should be answered without any of them
ever making it into the devel list, unless of course it is a
discussion of "How to fix/Can we fix bug #".

I think it is safe to say IRC is the only other outlet?  Not the best
form either, any suggestions or ideas that have been previously
brought up for such outside of a form of forums or wiki?

I'm sure this has been discussed before and I simply missed it, but I
think a new method to keep users happy and "relatively" distanced from
the developers might make everyone happier, so has it been considered?

Users seem less stupid
(Everyone knows they are, quiet)
Developers seem like less jerks.
(Reminding your users that your humble excellence <developer here>
gave you this software from their gracious heart. -Do not complain
about Anything because you are insignificant- *coughs* doesn't make
you friends)

Yes, in a perfect world, all knowledge would be found on the trac and
all users would go there to find their answers, I'm sure we have
plenty of users like myself who do not contribute patches but would be
happy to help in other areas of Pidgin.