Open Buddy list via single clicking the tray icon?

Stephen Eilert spedrosa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:42:13 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Neillithan <news.neil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Again with the elitist attitude.  This place is crawling with people who only
> care about their own grammar while pointing out the flaws in others.  Stop
> looking at questions as if there is some second underlying meaning.  It was
> a straight forward question.

But a very offensive one.

> I have dealt with the Pidgin community on more than one occasion, with
> varying degrees of irritability ranging from some to none.  Don't tell me
> how to kiss ass for answers.  I already know how to do that.  Inaccuracy and
> repeating myself--This is what irritates me, this is what leads me to
> "respond" the way I do.

The funny thing is, your started insulting on your very first e-mail,
so I don't think your argument is valid.

> Regarding your statement about my usage of English--it makes you sound like
> a dick and nobody should be so uptight about the misuse of a comma.

You are a very deluded individual if you think your usage of a "comma"
is your only problem. Heck, I am not a native English speaker but even
I can tell you aren't either.

> People
> who get so bent out of shape over simple typing errors must have some
> serious issues.  Honesty to the max.  Stop putting people down for the sake
> of irrelevancy.

Again, you have severe text comprehension issues. What Ethan said is
that it was possible , since English is not your native language, that
you made those offensive remarks without actually intending to do so.
He gave you the benefit of doubt.

> To answer my own question (which everyone thus far has failed miserably) the
> reason why Pidgin struggles to integrate options

Pidgin has never "struggled" to integrate any options as far as I
know. Just because *you* think Pidgin is supposed to have feature X,
it doesn't mean that the rest of the community agrees. It is also
possible that the absence of feature X didn't bother anyone else.

> is because they waste so
> much time fending off people with some curious, but prying questions.

Wasting time? If the developers decide not to work for Pidgin for a
whole month and go to the beach instead, are they "wasting time"? They
are not. Nobody is paying anyone to work on Pidgin, so by definition,
time cannot be wasted.

> And to top it all off, others actually think the way I do, and they will see
> this thread.  They will see how a bunch of elitists ganged up and
> scrutinized some innocent person with honest questions.

Others who? Please raise your hand, gentleman.

> Smite someone for being curious... Scum of the internet.
>
> P.S.  Since when is someone considered "superior" for defending himself?
> News flash, it works the other way around.

You are not defending yourself, you are attacking others. Can you at
least admit you are wrong? Please show some humility.

By the way, I am *not* a Pidgin developer, but a libpurple user.

--Stephen

programmer, n:
        A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with
inanimate monsters.