Can't pull with Monotone:Help, please....

Tw@in 28 Twain28 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:41:44 EDT 2007

Ethan Blanton-3 wrote:

> Assuming you downloaded the monotone database (as instructed in
> UsingPidginMonotone) recently, it should be relatively up-to-date
> already, and you may not need to pull anything.  (This is, indeed, a
> better solution, as it does not chew up limited resources required for
> those doing actual work.)

If you mean the one at http://developer.pidgin.im/static/pidgin.mtn.bz2 ,
I'm redownloading it right now, but I believe it's quite outdated....problem
is I never succeeded to pull down anything from Pidgin's track through
monotone since I first tried to, a year ago....

Ethan Blanton-3 wrote:

> If your monotone continues to not pull, I suspect a local network
> problem; make sure you're allowed to connect out on port 4691.

I dedicated port 4691 to monotone into my router's settings....what troubles
me is that I CAN successfully pull down monotone's tutorial database (as
suggested in its instructions)....so, basically, it seems I can't pull down
from Pidgin.... :(

(mtn is still on, but nothing new from pidgin.im in half an hour....)