Real Time Text

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Sat Sep 22 08:29:24 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 12:21:16PM +0100, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> Point me to right place if i have posted on here wrongly.
> My question is  that is it possible to have real time text implemented
> into pigin?
>
> Real time text is needed for a Deaf charity and I am wondering if this
> is possible?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Fintan

It is not currently implemented, and we have no plans to do so.  While
it would take a significant amount of work to implement properly, we
would be willing to comment on and eventually (I doubt anyone would
submit an acceptable patch on their first try for this) accept a patch
to add this where supported by the protocol(s).

Not all protocols can even support this though.

luke