Gnu TLS/XMPP issues.

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Fri Apr 4 08:54:37 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 21:40 -0500, Jeremy Lawler wrote:
> I'm running a djabberd server with adium/pidgin clients.
> The problem only started in Adium 1.2.4 (and all the Betas) and also
> Pidgin 2.4.x.
> The clients would restart the connection over and over again.  I
> believe it's a problem with GnuTLS on XMPP.  There are 2 logs
> attached, one of which was already linked to a couple people.  Also,

Adium uses CDSA for SSL, Pidgin on Windows uses Mozilla NSS. The only
thing I can be sure of here is it is NOT a GnuTLS problem :)

You appear to be trying to use the Old style SSL (on Windows, at least).
What happens if you turn that off & change the port to 5222 in the
advanced options for your account?

Regards,

Stu.