Status Message Updates

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 04:26:53 EST 2008

2008/12/12 sanket agarwal <snktagarwal at gmail.com>:
> Ok i'll explain my exact point a level further.
>
> I am developing a plugin that does the following, it just scrolls the status
> message in say 2 sec each. I have done it successfully, thanx to the list's
> apt and quick response :).
>
> My problem is this, when a client( say google talk ), is chatting with me,
> then the screen is garbled with the status message updates something like :
>
> snkt changed status to : blablabla
> <after 2 sec>
> snkt changed status to : ablablabl
> snkt changed status to : lablablab
> so on
>

> Now i think my ques is clear and i wud love to have some help in this
> respect.

At least in the case of the msn plugin it seems to be doing those
kinds of annoying messages manually, which is stupid. I disabled that
in msn-pecan so your plugin would work just fine :)

Ideally this should be an option so users can turn it off and handled
by libpurple, not the protocol plugins.

--
Felipe Contreras