msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Praveen Markandu praveenmarkandu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:04:37 EST 2008

hopefully i can try to clarify this. im not a dev and im only trying to
help.

Nickname = your basic nickname, whether its AIM or MSN or YM or Jabber
"Away" Status Messages = is only when you go away, giving information on why
you are away or what you are doing while you are away. eg. Away - "Having
dinner" or Busy - "Studying for exams"
"Personalized" Status Messages =  an add on to whatever is on your mind.
more like a MOTD as someone has suggested before.

so i could be Online, and my nickname is Praveen. my PSM would be " i should
study"
but then i could go away 3 minutes later. my PSM would be the same but my
away would read "gone for a fag". they have to be treated as 2 different
objects. doesnt matter if they are not listed in the contact list, as long
as they are in the tooltip. HTH