msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:38:07 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 9:04 PM, Praveen Markandu <praveenmarkandu at gmail.com> wrote:

> hopefully i can try to clarify this. im not a dev and im only trying to
> help.
>
> Nickname = your basic nickname, whether its AIM or MSN or YM or Jabber
> "Away" Status Messages = is only when you go away, giving information on
> why you are away or what you are doing while you are away. eg. Away -
> "Having dinner" or Busy - "Studying for exams"
> "Personalized" Status Messages =  an add on to whatever is on your mind.
> more like a MOTD as someone has suggested before.
>
> so i could be Online, and my nickname is Praveen. my PSM would be " i
> should study"
> but then i could go away 3 minutes later. my PSM would be the same but my
> away would read "gone for a fag". they have to be treated as 2 different
> objects. doesnt matter if they are not listed in the contact list, as long
> as they are in the tooltip. HTH

For this to be the case,  you would have be able to supply both an "Away"
status message and this magical PSM at the same time.  If that is indeed
possible, then yes perhaps the PSM should be something other than the status
message, but so far, the only input I've seen seems to indicate that it is
not possible to supply both at the same time (note that I specifically asked
about this detail in my first post to the thread).

-D