msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Fri Jan 4 18:01:54 EST 2008

Richard Laager wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 16:00 -0600, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> I'd change 3 to 'remove transient statuses'.
>
> Yes, let's throw away useful features to help a subset of MSN users...
>
>> a) Separate status messages from statuses and just leave a general 'message'.
>
> This removes the ability to do complex statuses like:

Does anyone, frequently, use a complex status?  And if so, was it a pain
to set it up?

> At Work
> 	Global Status: Available
> 	My Personal Account: Busy
> 		"I'm at work."
>
> At Lunch
> 	Global Status: Away
> 		"I'm at lunch and should return within an hour."
> 	Some Protocol: At Lunch
> 		"I'm at lunch and should return within an hour."
>
> Again, let's throw away useful features to help a subset of MSN users...

Let's calm down, and think about how this could be accomplished as well
as making everyone happy.  To me, who has never used or cared to use a
complex status, dropping it for a more simple solution seems like the
right thing to do(tm).  However, I am all for making complex statuses
possible through other means, a preference, a plugin, whatever.  And if
that doesn't make sense, I hope you have the mystatusbox plugin loaded,
since that's a very similar reason as to why the status selectors for
each account got nuked.

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>