Suspended branches

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:25:45 EST 2008

[cc-ing devel]

* Hajo Nils Krabbenhöft had this to say on [08 Jan 2008, 19:57:48 +0100]:
[snip]
>>> im.pidgin.soc.2007.finchfeat.logging
>>>
> i didnt find anything specific on the pidgin page
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FinchFeat
> what exactly are the improvements in the finchfeat logging branch?

This branch doesn't have any change for the logging stuff in libpurple
(as far as I remember). It just uses the stuff introduced in
.remotelogging branch. Look at finch/gntlog.c, finch/gntlog.h and other
files that include gntlog.h for specific details.

>> I would rather this remains unsuspended. It pulled some changes from the
>> .remotelogging branch, and I suspect it will require updates once there
>> are changes in the .remotelogging branch. Or perhaps it should just be
>> merged with .remotelogging.
>>
> i did modify the remotelogging branch a while ago on my own repository to
> make remote logging work and to be able to merge remotelogging into main.

I suspect (hope) you have submitted the changes you made as a patch?
(If not, you should :) )

> if you decide on merging remotelogging and finchfeat logging, i hereby
> volunteer to do so.

The merging of these two branches should not require any conflict
resolution, in which case it will be simpler for someone with push
access to merge and push. But if there are conflicts, then it would be
great if you send a patch to remove the conflicts for the merge :)

I might end up updating the finchfeat.logging branch to use the current
logging stuff. Not being able to view logs gets rather annoying at
times, especially for conversations with multi-buddy contacts. And the
required updates to remotelogging doesn't seem to be happening.

Sadrul